Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Fathers Fallibility & Divine Lessons in Forgiveness


"...Hello Mari, How You Doin'? I Think The Storm and All The Rainy Clouds are Movin'...."
~ Kanye West

I have been writing a blog before it was cool to do so, I've been a sales guy who advises the seemingly rival population or Human Resources professionals for nearly 10 years, but my proudest distinction is that of Husband and Father. There is not a title or a social ranking for the most important things we do in life and that's a good thing.

I'd like to think I'm a good father but I would be insane not to admit that I drive my sweetheart crazy! So, who am I to cast dispersions on anyone. It is a fact that the best men are so because of the women in their lives, I'm honored to have a cast of a amazing females in my corner! I'm a proud husband, an honored father, a coach of young women and a feminist. I've earned the aforementioned distinctions and I am thankful to be incapable of dishonoring them!

I also possess an uncontrollable creative spirit which makes me impossible to categorize and insanely difficult to be around on a daily basis.

As a father the only advice I can give to other soon-to-be fathers is:

If I can do it, you can!

.... I stand by those words! A life without a creative spirit is not a life at all and no one reserves the right to judge any one.

So many times in my life I have been unfairly categorized based on limited interactions... so, as Lebron James said in his forgiveness of Dan Gilbert....

Who Am I To Judge?

I know a man who writes like Kanye West has far more intelligence than he tends to display... it also seems he has a lot of sorrow in his heart. What good does judging the actions of another do for you? Are you happy that for once it is not you who did something stupid?

It may be time to reflect upon the things we bitch about.

Part of being a man is accepting greater responsibilities and limiting the behavioral traits more characteristic of boys than men. Dudes have trouble with that. We feel the need to hold on to our youth by acting immature. Sorry ladies, this is a bad habit that is hard to kick. There is no room to preach and forgiveness should be the first thing we think of when judgement crosses our mind.

We are here for a fun time not a long time. We've also got too little time to waste acting stupid by adding fuel to the fire of another man's missteps.

Perfection is a result of effort and intent, the results don't always add up! That's life. Frustration is most often avoided when you try your hardest doing something in which you believe in.

What do you need to more of? What do you need to do less of?

Before you judge another, get to work on yourself!

Don't Forget to Remember!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment