Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Marley

Hi Mar Mar - Welcome to the my blog. I've been writing stories here for almost 5 years to help people understand that the things they love are the fuel for their professional motivation. As far as I know, these writings will be yours to enjoy for years to come. I hope it gives you some insight to the work your Daddy was doing while you were stumbling through the halls of the house your Mommy and I built for you.

So now you are 4 years old. Just last night I told you that I didn't want you to grow up anymore and you explained to me that you are a big girl now. Your words give me hope! You are wise beyond your years.

I hope I've been a good Dad thus far. I try really hard to listen to you all the time, but my world is encompassed by thousands of people. Just know, no one is more important to me than you, your brother, and your mom. You will come to understand that in order to buy you a Hello Kitty Raincoat, Mommy and Daddy have to go to work. We wish we never had to spend time away from you, but when we do, it builds your own personality. Some day your independence will serve you well!

I work very hard for a great company, I tell your mother I love her at least 5 times a day, and I am always helping your brother to understand the importance of looking after you!

I was really impressed when your teacher told us that you include your brother in all of your paintings. You already understand that the 3 people you live with are the essence of your existence. We will always love you and everything that is beautiful about you.....everything is beautiful about you.

Happy Birthday to You! Enjoy your Princess Party!

...and if you're reading this years from now, may I remind you to take heart in this advice:
  • Be nice to everyone....but don't take shit from anyone
  • Listen to your mother (and your brother)
  • Know that your failures make you better....don't be afraid to try
Words cannot describe how much your Daddy loves you. I have been with you every day of your life...and I always will be with you.

Your beauty is irreplaceable! Every moment you live is a miracle! I am so very proud of you!

Don't Forget to Remember!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment